Roblox offers you enough room to give heights to your creativity but Roblox error code 277 can spoil your engagement. Whenever you try to create a new game or want to connect with other’s game the error 277 can occur. It doesn’t matter you are playing Roblox on PC, MAC, smartphones or on gaming consoles, the issue can happen but more likely Roblox Error Code 277 occurs on Windows and MAC OS.
The developers of Roblox didn’t issue any official fix for this error yet but no worries we are here with the best ways to fix Roblox error code 277 in a quick manner.
Before getting into the troubleshoot of error code 277 let’s discuss a few basic things about this error code.
How is Roblox error code 277?
Error code 277 on Roblox has become a serious problem for all Roblox players and since the developers didn’t introduce any official fix yet, the problem is really annoying. When you try to join a new game or in the middle of a game, this error can pop up on your device’s screen. If you try to reconnect then the error will reoccur and there would be no option to leave the game meanwhile.
You will get the following message in the form of error:
Lost connection to the game server, please reconnect (Error Code:277)
Reasons behind Roblox error code 277
Indeed the actual cause behind the occurrence of this annoying error in under folds but you can associate these reasons for it:
- Poor internet connection
- Roblox server crashes down
- Because of false port
- Corrupted system files
- malware infection
- Incomplete installation files
- And many more…
How to fix the Roblox error code 277
1.Change Roblox compatibility mode settings
Sometimes such issues occur because of the mismatching of the Roblox compatibility with your current windows version. In that situation, you need to edit the Roblox compatibility mode settings and here is how:
- Open up the Roblox app by right-clicking and move to properties.
- Under Properties tap on the Compatibility and tick off Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your device’s screen and now you need to select the Windows version you wish to use for Roblox.
- Finally hit the Apply button.
- Try to start Roblox and observe if the error gets fixed or not.
2.Run program compatibility troubleshooter
If the above method couldn’t fix the error then you can run program compatibility troubleshooter and to execute this process you need to follow these instructions:
- First of all click on the Start icon.
- After it search for Run via the search bar.
- Now click on Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
- Click on Next option and wait until the troubleshooter scans the responsible compatibility issues with application.
- Once it finished scanning a list of apps will occur that are having trouble with the windows version.
- Click on Roblox and hit the Next button.
- Finally, select the troubleshooting option as per your desire.
- Your final move is to click on Test the Program.
3.Reset internet connection
Roblox is an online platform and Millions of players are connected with it so you need a stable internet connection to enjoy Roblox without any lag or error. If there is an interruption in your internet connectivity then the Roblox error code 277 can occur. To resolve this error you can restart your internet connection and for rebooting unplug your router and turned off all the connected devices. Start it again and check whether the issue has resolved it not.
4.Delete Roblox logs
Roblox needs enough space to function well and to free up the space you need to delete app history, settings and other unnecessary files that are consuming space. We should clean these unnecessary files from time to time to free up space and to avoid glitches and lags. Here are the instruction you need to follow to delete Roblox logs:
- Launch the Run dialog by pressing Ctrl and R keys at a time.
- Type %localappdata%\Roblox\logs type in the dialog box.
- Hit the Enter.
- Then press Ctrl+A for selecting all the files.
- Now press Shift + Delete keys to delete all the selected files.
- Again launch the Run dialog and move to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\.
- Again apply the rest steps we did to delete the files and try to start Roblox again to notice if the issue has resolved or not.
5.Update your browser
Such types of issues occur when your browser is not up to date. For a smooth and glitch-free experience on Roblox you just need an updated version of your internet explorer. So keeps a track on the latest updates and update your browser as per the available updates.
After updating your browser do check whether the issue fixed or not. If the issue still exist then you can switch to a different browser. Roblox supports all the major browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc so you can try any of them in case.
6. Change Internet Service Provider
If you are still encountering Roblox error code 277 then there may be issues in your internet connection. Many users reported that they face the issue while they are playing Roblox at home and at the office they can play smoothly. So it is recommended to switch to your mobile data if you are playing it over Wi-Fi. Similarly switch to Wi-Fi if running Roblox on Mobile data.
7.Reinstall the game
Oops…problem didn’t solve yet? Hopefully, the above steps will work to fix Roblox error code 277 but if none of them working for you then our last fix to deal with this issue is to uninstall the game and reinstall again. This issue can occur because of incomplete installation or damaged files and to reinstall the game you need to follow these steps:
- Initially navigate to Control Panel.
- Then move to Programs and uninstall the programs.
- Now find Roblox.
- After it, you will observe Roblox Launcher and Roblox game, Uninstall both.
- Its time to go to the Roblox site again and reinstall the game from there.
- Finally, check whether the issue still persists or not.
Because of different errors, we can’t stop playing Roblox as it is one of the best game creation platforms for every age group. If you are continuously facing Roblox error code 277 then there may be a problem in your internet connection, your browser, compatibility of the app, and unnecessary files. It doesn’t matter what cause is interrupting your joy of playing Roblox, here we have discussed the best fixes for all these problems.
I hope any of them will work for you and if you get successful to deal with this serious error after reading our guide then share your feedback with us.
Have any other fix for error code 277? Then share it with us.