Hey friends, Do you want to know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft? Are you searching for the right and working ways? If yes, you are in the right place. Today I am going to share why should we increase RAM to Minecraft and how.
Minecraft, the building blocks game, has many interesting features that allow you to play games in various modes and create your own world. Its fancy graphics and combat are amazing. One more exciting feature that Minecraft provides us is to allocate more RAM to the game for better performance. Getting excited to know more. Scroll down!
Before you start…
Before creating a thought in your mind regarding “Allocating more RAM to Minecraft”, Make sure you have spare RAM. But how? Follow the steps below to check RAM’s availability in your system.
- Hover the mouse to Start.
- Go to Settings.
- Click the “About” option.
- Go to “Device Specifications”.
- Go to Installed RAM and check.
Why Should we Allocate Memory?
For Better Performance and Smoother gameplay, you should add more RAM to Minecraft.
When the Minecraft game gets loaded, it consumes around 2-3 GB of memory. And if the gameplay is not smooth, you may alter RAM allocation for Minecraft.
How Much Memory Do you allocate to the Game?
See, there is a thumb hand rule that maximum memory you can allocate to your game is 2/3 of the total RAM.
Also, there is away. Allocate Double of the memory it has now. Suppose if you have allocated 2GB of the memory then try to allocate 4 GB and check performance.
To play in different modes, allocate at least 5-6GB of RAM if your PC specs allow it to be.
One More Requirement…
To Allocate more RAM, your processor must be 64-bit i.e x64.
But if your processor is 32-bit or x84 then you can not allocate more RAM to the memory.
Also, RAM should be more than 3 GB.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft?
The best way to add more RAM to Minecraft is by using “default Minecraft Launcher”. Below are the steps:
- Open Minecraft Launcher Application.
- On the top-right of the screen, click on three horizontal lines.
- Now, go to the Launch option and click on Advanced settings.
- Click OK to Continue.
- Now you will be navigated to another screen. Click “add new” and give a name.
- Choose version.
- Select Resolution and Enable JVM arguments.
- A dialog box will prompt then. You will see something like “xmx2g ” that means 2 GB memory. Change the number according to your needs.
- Finally, click Save and that’s all!
This is Minecraft’s default launcher that you can use. You may use other launchers as well. I am sharing a few here.
- Go to the main website of the Void launcher.
- Open the launcher.
- Go to Options that you can find on the top right of the page.
- Go to Minecraft Options
- Click the memory dropdown and alter RAM allocation there.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Launch the game again and experience better and smoother gameplay.
- Go to ATLauncher main website.
- Download and install the launcher.
- Open it and click on Settings on the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the Minecraft option.
- Allocate memory.
- Launch the game
Before You Go…
So, friends, these are some best methods to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. I guess now you have a complete idea on how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
Try the above-shared methods and play the game easily without any hassle.
I hope you would like the article and found it useful.
Share your feedback. Thank you!!