Does Kodi buffering issue frustrate you? Do you want to “clear cache on Kodi”? But how? Scroll the article below and get answers to all your questions.
Kodi is an amazing platform to view your favorites without any hassle, HD format, Big screen! Kodi is compatible with many devices and the method to clear cache is the same on all devices basically, its clear cache from Kodi software. So you have to do nothing which device you have installed Kodi on, Its only on Kodi.
Without debating about Kodi and Kodi add-ons, let’s move directly to the cache and various ways to clear the cache. Read below.
What is a cache and what’s the need to clear cache?
Paying for high-speed internet and still facing issues in watching movies on Kodi! Do you ever think, why so?
When you watch a movie on Kodi, the software starts buffering the videos for you in advance so that you do not feel a break while watching the movie. Due to some passwords and related data that cache gets filled and the software wouldn’t be able to buffer videos and thus you may face issues. So, it is very important to clear cache time-to-time to stop buffering issues.
Clearing the cache is only a way that the buffering problem may stop. Other reasons for buffering includes, Device not working well, software not working well, internet connection issue, etc.
Clear Cache on Kodi using different add-ons
Kodi is all about add-ons. Kodi software is Empire then add-ons are King. Kodi is working with add-ons only. So, as different categories of add-ons available for Kodi, “Clear Cache on Kodi” is also possible using different add-ons.
With each method, I am going to are direct steps to execute the process of clear cache on Kodi.
Method 1: Using Merlin Wizard Add-on
For this, first, you need to download Merlin Wizard add-on and for this, you have to access the SuperRepo repository. Now execute the steps given below very carefully.
- Open Kodi official website.
- Go to ‘Add-ons’ tab and click on Install from zip file.
- Now, head towards the download folder.
- Select the SuperRepo.zip file and It will then install automatically.
- Next, come back to the add-ons tab and open Install from Repository.
- Now its turn to click on SuperRepo Repositories [Krpton][v7].
- Click Add-on repository > then open SuperRepo.
- Wait till installation complete.
- Now its time to head towards add-ons tab once again and open install from repository again. Open SuperRepo.
- Next search for Merlin Wizard in add-on search.
- Find, Open, and Install it.
- Open it and click on the Install button.
- After doing all this, now you have to do the actual thing
- Click on Open button > Wizard page > Tool Box option >Clear Cache.
- Choose the Delete Packages and Delete Thumbnails options also.
- Finally, click on the Exit button two times and you are done!
Method 2: Using Indigo Add-on
- Go to TVAddons repository.
- Open the Kodi and move to Add-on.
- Click on Install from zip file.
- Open downloaded Zip file.
- Return to the Add-on tab and click on Install from the repository.
- Open TVAddons repository > Program Add-ons > find Indigo Add-on
- Install Indigo addon then and open.
- Go to the maintenance tool -> click on clear cache.
- Enjoy! You are done!
Method 3: Using Covenant Addon
- Open Covenant addon.
- then Click on ‘Tools‘ in the main menu -> clear cache
- That’s all!
Method 4: Using exodus addon
- Open Kodi and go to add-ons
- Search for Exodus and open it.
- Go to main menu ->tools ->clear cache.
- That’s all!
It’s necessary to clear the cache. Most of the problems get solved by clearing the cache and its just a matter of minutes. Maybe when you perform the above-given steps for the first time, you may find it difficult but as you perform them again and again, you will get used to and would be able to do it easily.
So friends, how do you like the article? Share your feedback.
Mention in comments if you want to know anything different, we would love to hear from you!
Thanks for reading!