Across the web, Are you searching for Minecraft Potions guide? Do you want to make that energetic magical drink that helps you to regain your strength? Brewing potions in the correct amount is really important because the wrongly created potions may work in destructive ways. But brewing potions in the correct amount will restore your health. Go through the article below to know how to brew potions in Minecraft.
Minecraft potions guide will assist you with the accurate usage of brew stand, fragile equipment, and key ingredients to make potion as well as some important mixture recipe. Improve your character! Potions give a temporary effect. First of all, All Minecraft potions need a base ingredient, later which is intensified by adding the second ingredient to it. This is very important to learn how to compose a potion. Scroll down to know more!
Basics to Brewing: Minecraft Potions Guide
In this section, I am going to discuss various equipment you may use to brew the ingredients and make an energy drink, Base ingredients, and the effective ingredients.
- Brewing stand: A stand to hold bottles. It is used to add and combine ingredients into water bottles.
- Blaze powder: This is the main! The fuel used for brewing.
- Water bottle: This is the starting base for all potions, created from filling a glass bottle at a water source or cauldron.
- Cauldron: It is equal to three glass bottles. It accommodates one bucket of water or three bottles of a single potion.
- Glass bottle: It is used at a water source to create a water bottle. It is also the potion container.
After taking a look at equipment, now are you excited about ingredients and ingredients mix in the Minecraft Potions guide. Read Below.
Base ingredients are the very first thing that you can add directly to a water bottle. The most commonly used base ingredient is NetherWart and it is used to make a vast variety of options.
Modifiers are ingredients used to modify the properties of a potion or to modify a potion effect into a different one. The “fermented spider eye” is unique in that it is the only modifier that can convert a water bottle directly into an effective potion.
|Name||Result of adding to water bottle||Modifier effect|
|Nether Wart||Awkward Potion||It allows the creation of more complex potions.|
|Redstone Dust||Mundane Potion||Extends duration|
|Glowstone Dust||Thick Potion||Enhances level|
|Fermented Spider Eye||Potion of Weakness||Corrupts effect|
|Gunpowder||Splash Water Bottle||Turns normal into a splash|
|Dragon’s Breath||Lingering Water Bottle||Turns splash into a lingering|
Effect ingredients inculcate a heavy potion with a special effect but it does not alter potion span and strength. These can also be added to the water bottle. They produce a mundane potion mostly when added directly to a water bottle. But here are certain exceptions such as golden carrot, pufferfish, turtle shell, and phantom membrane, which cannot be added directly to a water bottle.
|Name||Effect||Effect when corrupted|
|Rabbit’s Foot||Jump Boost||Slowness|
|Glistering Melon Slice||Instant Health||Instant Damage|
|Spider Eye||Poison||Instant Damage|
|Magma Cream||Fire Resistance||None|
|Golden Carrot||Night Vision||Invisibility|
|Turtle Shell||Slowness, Resistance||None|
|Phantom Membrane||Slow Falling||None|
In the previous section, we have learned about various base and effect ingredients. Now, I am going to discuss how to add these ingredients and which quantity to make brew constructive or destructive.
Before actually looking at various brewing recipes, have a look at elements. elements can be used to remove the special effect of the brew.
Awakard Potion – Add Netherwart to water bottle: This is a precursor to effect potions.
Mundane Potion- Add ghast Tear to water bottle: This is a precursor to None.
Thick Potion- Add Glowstone dust to water bottle: This is a precursor to None.
Below is the complete list of Minecraft potions guide wit positive and negative effects.
With POSITIVE EFFECT
Potion of healing
- Glistering Melon Slice +Awakard Potion = Potion of healing(Enhanced)
- Instant: Restores health by 4
- Enhanced: Restores health by 8
Potion of Fire resistant
- Magma Cream + Awakard Potion = Potion of Fire Resistant (extended)
- Gives immunity to damage from fire, lava, magma blocks, campfires, and blazes’ ranged attacks.
Potion of regeneration
- Ghast Tear + Awakard Potion = Potion of regeneration
- Restores health by every 2.5 seconds.
- Restores health by every 1.2 seconds (Regeneration 2)
Potion of strength
- Blaze Powder + Awakard Potion = Potion of Strength
- Increases player’s melee attack damage by 3
- Increases player’s melee attack damage by 6 (Enhanced)
potion of swiftness
- Sugar + Awakard Potion = Potion of swiftness
- Increases movement speed, sprinting speed and jumping length by 20%.
- Increases movement speed, sprinting speed and jumping length by 40%.
Potion of Night Vision
- Sugar + Awakard Potion = Potion of Night Vision (Extended)
- Makes everything appear to be at the maximum light level, including underwater areas.
Potion of invisibility
- Fermented Spider eye + Potion of Night Vision = Potion of invisibility (extended)
- Renders the player invisible. Equipped and wielded items are still visible.
Potion of water breathing
- Puffer Fish + Awakard Potion = Potion of Water breathing (Extended)
- Prevents the oxygen bar from depleting when underwater.
Potion of Leaping
- Rabbit’s Foot + Awakard Potion = Potion of leaping
- Increases jump height by 1⁄2 block.
- Increases jump height by 1 1⁄4 blocks (Enhanced)
Potion of Slow falling
- Phantom Membrane + Awakard Potion = Potion of Slow Falling
- It causes the player to fall at a slower rate and not take any damage when hitting the ground.
With NEGATIVE EFFECT
Potion of Poison
- Spider Eye + Awakard Potion = Potion of Poison
- Depletes health by 1 every 1.25 seconds
- Depletes health by 1 every 0.4 seconds.
Potion of weakness
- Fermented Spider Eye + Awakard Potion = Potion of weakness
- Reduces player’s melee attack damage by 4
Potion of harming
- Fermented Spider Eye + potion of healing + potion of poison= Potion of Harming
- Inflicts 6 of damage.
- Inflicts 12 × 6 of damage. (Enhanced)
Potion of slowness
- Fermented Spider Eye + Potion of swiftness + potion of leaping = Potion of slowness
- Slows the player to 85% speed.
- Slows the player to 40% speed.
Hey readers, Thanks for reading so far.
So how do you like this Minecraft Potions guide. Enjoyed reading? Have an idea of potions now?
Prepare a constructive potion for you and a destructive potion for your enemy and deny playing the best sandbox game, Minecraft.
Share your feedback, Comment back if you want to add anything else. We would definitely add that to or article.