Undoubtedly Netflix is the king of streaming but at the same time, we can’t deny the presence of look-alike streaming services of Netflix. And during the quarantine period, everyone is looking for more and more streaming platforms to spend the boring time and if you have landed here then you are hunting for Netflix alternatives. We are here with the best apps and sites like Netflix to watch movies, web series, Anime, documentaries, and much more.
With the advancement of technology, the means of recreation have changed and people love to entertain themselves within the comfort of their homes. Thus Netflix came into mainstream and right now it is the one-stop destination to enjoy trending and popular TV shows, movies, documentaries along its originals. With over 1.5 monthly active users Netflix has become synonymous with entertainment but many of us have bored with Netflix and seek Netflix substitutes.
It is good to try other streaming apps and sites but you must aware of the malicious sites that offer copyrighted content for free that is an illegal activity. So it is pretty tough to consider which platform is suitable to binge-watch web series, movies, and other stuff, and to end up your confusion we are here with our list of best Netflix alternatives to pass your spare hours.
Netflix Alternatives: Lookalike apps and sites of Netflix
Here we will discuss the best substitutes to Netflix that are currently available and cater you different features and content as well:
1.Amazon Prime Video
When things come in terms of video streaming then Amazon Prime video grabs the attention of everyone and also is the perfect alternative to Netflix. With a huge collection of movies, web series, and its originals Amazon worth buying if you want to try something new. And here are the key features of Amazon Prime video that consider it the best streaming platform and also the competitor of Netflix:
- Amazon Prime adds new movies every month to give you a fresh feel.
- Not only movies and shows but also this platform posses the rights for live streaming of NFL, ATP, and Premiere Leagues.
- Users can set up video quality as per their needs.
- All the content is well-categorized to give you the ease of search.
If you believe quality over quantity then Disney+ is the best streaming service for you. Since the launch, Disney+ got the huge hype and managed to establish as the reputed streaming platform because of its quality content. Like Netflix, you would not get a huge quantity of movies and TV shows but the content that exists on Disney+ is rare to find. The top reasons why you jump to Disney plus are as follows:
- Enjoy Marvel movies and Star War services only for just $7 per month.
- Disney+ boasts its originals, popular movies, and other content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, and National Geographic.
- Time to time updation of movies.
- Suitable for kids as Disney+ hosts the classic animations of Disney.
- Relatively cheaper than Netflix.
Next service that worth mentioning in the list of Netflix alternatives is Hulu that gives emphasis on TV shows. Though Hulu is a subscription-based platform you can also get a free version that comes with Limited content. The availability of content is based on the price and the initial price is $7.99 which comes with annoying ads. But the costly plans give you the ad-free experience and here are the attires which makes Hulu the true rival of Netflix:
- Stream HD content at a low price.
- Hulu offers you a huge catalog of the classic and latest TV Shows that worth watching.
- Availability of a dedicated streaming app.
- Suitable for all age groups.
Being a horror movie fan how can I forget Shudder that comes with a huge collection of classic and modern horror titles. When you explore the catalog of Shudder you would surprise why you didn’t try it before. In fact, Shudder is the best streaming service to satisfy your horror content craving. Shudder’s initial plan costs $5.99 per month and hosts a decent collection of horror projects and here is why to choose Shudder as a Netflix substitute:
- Amazing catalog of modern and classic horror movies.
- Budget-friendly plans
- Beats Netflix in terms of horror content
No need to introduce Youtube as even kids are familiar with Youtube because of its wast collection of Movies, videos, TV shows, and much more. In the free version of Youtube, you have to encounter annoying adverts, and to get rid off them you can switch to the paid version of Youtube. The Youtube premium plan costs $11.99 that offers you the liberty to watch and download its content for offline viewing. Key aspects that set Youtube a perfect Netflix alternative are given below:
- Youtube boasts a huge database of old and latest movies of different countries like Indian, Spanish, Hollywood, and many more.
- It gives you the opportunity to download its content to watch on an offline mode.
- Suggestions and rating feature is pretty cool to get the best content.
- You can set video quality as per your device and requirement.
Another streaming service that deserves to include in the list of Netflix alternatives is Tubi which is free to watch. With over thousands of movies and TV shows, Tubi caters your streaming needs without taking any charges and that’s the reason behind its popularity. The key features of Tubi are:
- A wast catalog of Movies and TV shows from renowned studios.
- One of the best features of Tubi is multiple device support and you can browse its content even on gaming consoles and streaming sticks.
- Get HD content without irritating adverts.
Owned by Walmart Vudu is another look-alike streaming service of Netflix that posses a nice collection of movies and web shows to rent and also to watch free. Though the free version shows ads meanwhile, HD streaming for free is the plus point. Important features of Vudu that sets it apart from other streaming services are:
- Comes with an easy to navigate interface.
- Both free and rent options available.
- Comedy, Crime & suspense, action, family & kids all the categories of movies available to explore.
- HD streaming
Another free platform that worth mentioning among the best Netflix alternatives is Crackle. Owned by Sony, it is the perfect place to watch movies and web shows from MGM, Paramount, and Warner Bros. Crackle divides all the content into channels to give you the ease to explore and the only drawback of this service is adverts that can spoil your engagement. Favorable aspects of Crackle are:
- Multiple device support
- A huge collection of movies from Sony Pictures.
- Free service
- Easy to use interface
- Mobile app available
Why to stuck with Netflix when the internet is flooded with apps like Netflix? I think now you are ready to explore something different and all the streaming services we have discussed here are unique at a certain point. I hope after reading the post you would reach on a conclusion and if you get successful to pick the perfect Netflix alternative then let us know below in the comment section.
If you want to share any other streaming platform that we didn’t mention here then feel free to share.