Have you deleted important Whatsapp messages? Want to recover deleted Whatsapp messages that you have lost accidentally? We are here to help you to retrieve your Whatsapp chats on Android.
Whatsapp is one of the best messaging apps to stay connected with your family, friends, colleagues and with whom you want. You can send messages, videos, update stories and much more with the world’s top messaging apps. Every day we send and receive multiple messages to our nears and dears via Whatsapp and in case if you delete an important conversation which you need later then what will you do. Read our guide thoroughly and reveal the best ways to recover deleted Whatsapp messages.
How to recover deleted Whatsapp messages?
You can restore deleted Whatsapp messages with two methods:
1.Restore deleted Whatsapp chats via Google Drive
In case you deleted messages by mistake then there are chances that the messages exist on the cloud backup. If you have turned on Back up messages feature then you can retrieve your lost messages with this method. Here are the steps you need to follow to get back deleted Whatsapp messages with cloud backup:
- Your initial step for recovering deleted WhatsApp chats is to uninstall Whatsapp.
- Reinstall the messaging app and set up again with your phone number.
- After completing the setup procedure a pop up will take place asking to Restore chat history, tap on Restore option.
- Thus you will get back the messages you have deleted by mistake.
2.Restore deleted Whatsapp messages from a local file
If you didn’t turn op back up option for your WhatsApp chats then there is another way to restore them. Here is how to apply this method to retrieve your lost Whatsapp chats:
- To recover messages with this method you need a file manager app so if you don’t have then download first.
- Then move to Whatsapp Whatsapp folder> Database. This folder contains all the locally stored Whatsapp files.
- From here choose the files you want to restore (The files will be in the msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 format) and you need to rename it to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- After it launch Google Drive on your smartphone and tap on three vertical lines and then tap on Back Up.
- Delete Whatsapp backup from Google Drive.
- Your next move is to uninstall the Whatsapp app and reinstall again.
- Like the first method setup your phone number and again a prompt will take place asking to Restore chats from local backup, tap on the Restore option.
- Finally, you successfully got back your deleted Whatsapp messages.
How to back up Whatsapp messages to Google Drive?
If you don’t want to lose your chats then you need to connect your Whatsapp messges with Google Drive. Here is how to back up Whatsapp chats with Gooogle Drive:
- Launch Whatsapp and tap on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Then navigate to Settings> Chats > Chat Backup.
- After it choose “Back up to Google Drive” and then select the frequency from daily, weekly and monthly.
- Don’t choose “Never” option.
- Now select your Google account with which you want to connect your Whatsapp messages to recover later.
- That’s it.
Well, folks with these two methods you can recover deleted Whatsapp messages which you have deleted by mistake. I hope you will find this guide helpful for restoring your deleted Whatsapp chats and if you found the post informative then do share.
Still, any question regarding the whole procedure of restoring Whatsapp chats then comments below. If you have any other method for the same then drop it in the comment section.
Waiting for your feedback.